RESUME WRITING: Striking resume for NON-GRAPHIC ARTIST


All of my sample resumes are made from Adobe InDesign. I recommend using this software because you could customize your document whichever way you want it.
Before beginning your project please be reminded that you are not applying for a graphic related position. Thus, be careful on incorporating graphics and colors in your resume.Our aim is to have a simple yet striking  resume. At the same time, we like it to look organize and informative.
SAMPLE 1 
Here is my first sample of my one page resume.
CV Nicolas,Maria Roxanne 
COLOR:I am not a fan of a black and white documents. Indeed, this looks formal but let us be honest reading documents in this nature tends to be boring. At times, we don’t take the effort to read it.
HR practitioners deals with hundreds of resumes a day and if your resume looks ordinary there is a greater chance that your resume will end up in the paper shredder. 
Be careful in this part! Don’t be overwhelmed by putting various shades of colors in your resume. Remember, this document should be striking at the same time it should not look irritating in the eyes. 
Choose colors with darker shades and avoid neon and pastel colors. For my resume, I chose a red shade since for me it represents a strong personality. 
LOGO: I don’t usually put my photo on my resume since  employers are usually asking for a separate photo. As an alternate for my photo,I put my own logo on my resume.
Let me get this straight, I am not a professional graphic artist and I don’t have any background about graphics or color theory.So I just made a simple logo in Adobe Photoshop. 
I use my initials “MRN” to create my own logo.The shade I used in my logo were similar with the colors I used in my resume.
CV Nicolas,Maria Roxanne

CONTACT DETAILS:Beside from the usual details you can find in every resume such as Address,Contact Numbers and Email. I also included the links for my Linked profile and my blog. This aim to imply that I am adept with new internet trends.
CV Nicolas,Maria Roxanne 
COMPUTER DETAILS: Often times, you will find software applications enlisted under the category of computer skillsHowever, their level of expertise are not usually stated. So I made this graph to emphasize my technical proficiency. 

CV Nicolas,Maria Roxanne

SAMPLE 2
 Meanwhile, here is another resume I made for my cousin who is seeking an internship.
pam


All and all, your credentials and qualifications shall always be the basis for your hiring. I hope my blog helped you in making your resume.Good Luck!





SUMMARY
ARTICLE:  RESUME WRITING: Striking Resume for Non-Graphic Artist
ABOUT: This post discusses some tips on how to customized your resume. Likely,this post includes some ideas on what details may be included in your resume. | AUTHOR:Roxy NicolasDATE: April 22,2015 | RELATED POSTS: Resume Writing 101 (PRESENTATION)Resume Writing 101 (PARTS)  |  LAST UPDATED: April 2015



Roxy Nicolas
She is a blogger from the Philippines. She is also a travel enthusiast ,an artist by heart,a self proclaimed fashionista,a person suffering from a mental disease called obsessive compulsive disorder and a certified coffeeholic  You can find her on .
       







Comments