RESUME WRITING:Striking Resume for Non-graphic Artist (Part 2)



This is the second part of my blog about Resume Writing for Non-graphic Artist.The said blog discusses tips on how to customize your resume to make it look unique and at the same time organize and informative. 
You may read my previous blog by following this link: Striking Resume for Non-graphic Artist Part 1
At times, job advertisements would request a comprehensive resume.On doing so, you shall not be overwhelmed by stating too much information. 
In this kind of situation, you must read again the job advertisement and match your qualifications with the desired skills they are looking for.
Also, remember that you are not applying for a graphic related position. Thus, be careful on incorporating graphics and colors in your resume.Our aim is to have a simple yet striking  resume.
This resume was for a marketing post for an international NGO. 
PAGE 1
Resume Page 1 expressionsandespresso.blogspot.com
PAGE 2
Resume Page 2 expressionsandespresso.blogspot.com
PAGE 3
Resume Page 3  expressionsandespresso.blogspot.com
PAGE 4
Resume Page 4  expressionsandespresso.blogspot.com
TEMPLATE:I made my own template using Adobe InDesign.You may look in the internet for design inspiration.
I believe that having your own customized template could be a good way of branding yourself.It shows your creativity and uniqueness. 

LOGO:  As part of my template, I included my own logo. My logo includes my own initials “MRN”. This was also discussed on my previous blog.Read it here: Striking Resume for Non-graphic Artist Part 1
CONTACT DETAILS:Putting your own contact details in each page is very crucial since you’ll never know if one page of your resume will be gone missing and the last thing you will wish for is loosing your chances of being called. 
PAGINATION:To be more organize,I included pagination.This shall also give a hint to the reader on what to expect in the other sections of your resume.

BLOG2_thumb[22]

DETAILS:
If your puzzled on what items should be included in your resume. I advice you to  read again the job description so you will have an idea.

Say for example. I included an item for “TRAVEL”.I only included it because the job description found in the advertisement includes travelling in other countries.Henceforth, I stated that I am willing to travel and I have certain documents to travel outside the country. Kindly be reminded that passport information are confidential and shall not be included in your resume.

Similarly, the job description post includes that the position is urgent. Henceforth, I indicated that I am immediately available for work.
BLOG24_thumb[20]
COMPUTER SKILLS: To highlight my technical proficiency I included rating scales to specify my expertise per software. In addition, I opted to categorized each software since not everyone are familiar with different applications.
BLOG23_thumb[6]

OTHER DETAILS:As mentioned above,this resume was for a marketing post for an international NGO. Hence, I decided to include my volunteer experience and the marketing collaterals I can produce.
BLOG24_thumb[26]

 I hope this helps you  in drafting your resumes. Good luck on your job hunting!

SUMMARY
ARTICLE:  RESUME WRITING: Striking Resume for Non-Graphic Artist ABOUT: This post discusses some tips on how to customized your resume. Likely,this post includes some ideas on what details may be included in your resume. | AUTHOR:Roxy Nicolas| DATE: April 26,2015 | RELATED POSTS: Resume Writing 101 (PRESENTATION), Resume Writing 101 (PARTS), Striking Resume for Non-graphic Artist Part 1LAST UPDATED: April 2015

Roxy Nicolas She is a blogger from the Philippines. She is also a travel enthusiast ,an artist by heart,a self proclaimed fashionista,a person suffering from a mental disease called obsessive compulsive disorder and a certified coffeeholic. You can find her on Google+.
Check my Check my "Linked' profile Follow me on Google Plus Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Pinteres Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Youtube



Comments