IHOP: A review

IHOP: A review


So it was my first time to check-out IHOP since it opened it's flagship store here in the Philippines last 2013. All I know about IHOP is that it is well known for their delectable breakfast food offerings such as flavorful pancakes and buttery omelettes. 
Seriously, I am expecting so much from IHOP since the food prices available in their food menu is a little bit costly compared to other restaurants that served the same items.

Ambiance of IHOP 
The place reminds me of American diners that I usually see in Hollywood movies.  Also,it is noteworthy to say, that their restaurant is clean and cozy. Hence, I am giving two thumbs up for the ambiance of the place.


IHOP at U.P Town Center

IHOP's New Your Cheesecake Pancake
iHop Pancake
Single serving of New York Cheesecake Pancake at IHOP Philippines for 245 Php..

Seriously, I got high hopes with IHOP's pancakes since they are famous for this one but seeing this kind of serving is not that appetizing. Yet, as the saying goes, don't judge the book by it's cover,thus,I still gave it a try. 
As far as I can remember, this pancake is called New York Cheesecake Pancake. I believe this is 2 layers of buttermilk   pancakes with cheesecake filling inside poured with strawberry syrup and topped with whipped cream. 
So after I had my first bite,I realized that there's nothing special about this pancake. The cheesecake filling is indeed yummy and flavorful but you can hardly see any filling at all. 

IHOP
Complimentary syrups at IHOP Philippines
Yet, these complimentary unlimited syrups on the side saved this pancake from shame. I love the idea that IHOP offers 4  variants of their pancake syrups. They have the Old Fashioned,Blueberry,Butter Popcorn and Strawberry syrups.

IHOP's Omelettes
I love omelettes because it has a handful of mouthwatering ingredients and flavors wrapped in a buttery egg.
Accordingly, I am so glad that the omelettes we ordered at IHOP satisfied my picky tongue. 
We ordered the Spinach,Mushroom and Tomato Omelette and the Chicken Omelette. If my memory serves me right,each omelette costs around 360 Php each. Also, each omelette can feed two people.  
It is also worth mentioning that this certain dish can really make you full.





The chicken omelette comes with hash-browns,scrambled egg and 2 pork sausage.Again, the serving does not look appetizing. 
 
Yet, I like the hash-brown because it is flaky and crunchy on the outside but soft in the inside. Unlike, the slimy salty hash-browns I usually eat at fast foods chains.
I also like their scrambled egg because it is buttery and I don't usually get to experience this kind of flavorful egg at home.Thus, I'm giving their egg recipe two thumbs up. 
Nothing much with the pork sausage.It is so average that I forgot how it tastes.

IHOP's Plus Factors 
  1. Hands down for the restaurant's cleanliness. I believe that having a clean restaurant guarantees each customer about the cleanliness of their food.
  2. Filipinos, just love unlimited servings, thus, I want to mention IHOP's unlimited pancake syrups in different variants.
  3. Good service, is also a factor in your whole food experience. Thus, I want to give a shout out for the prompt customer service of the IHOP's crew members.

IHOP's Flop Factors
  1. If you're a frugal person, I do not suggest trying out this place because the price of their food is quite costly compared to other restaurants that serve such meals.
  2. There is this saying that we eat with our eyes first and I believe that food presentation has a huge factor in our whole dining experience.Thus, if you're gonna try to eat at this place I must say that you must not expect much about their food presentation.Perhaps, just have a bite and see for yourself if food presentation would matter.
 Conclusion 
Though my first experience here at IHOP is not that perfectly satisfying I would still go back in this place to try their other food offerings such as their sandwiches, rice meals and steaks. 
Shout out to my friends Irish, Nique and Glads for convincing me to try this place.

Brunch at IHOP UP Town Center

IHOP UP Town Center
So have you tried eating in this place?What are your favorite dishes? I would love to hear from you.Share your experience in the comment section below.



Disclaimer: The author is not affiliated with IHOP nor any of its conglomerates. All content provided on this article is for informational purposes only and represents the own view and opinion of the author. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.



SUMMARY
ARTICLE: IHOP: A review  PHOTOS: Roy Nicolas | AUTHORRoxy Nicolas | DATE: July 10, 2015 |   LAST UPDATED: July 2015



Roxy Nicolas


She is a blogger from the Philippines. She is also a travel enthusiast ,an artist by heart,a self proclaimed fashionista,a person suffering from a mental disease called obsessive compulsive disorder and a certified coffeeholic  You can find her on .
       



   




Comments