Leslie's at Tagaytay: An Honest Review

Leslie's at Tagaytay: A Review
I have been eating at Leslie's for quite sometime now,not because this place made  it to my own list of favorite restaurants but because whenever I visit Tagaytay, my companions would always like to eat in this place.  Similarly, most of the people that I know would always recommend this place. Accordingly, I realized that I have to make some justifications on why or why not you should check out this place in your next Tagaytay get away. 
So here I am again making some honest restaurant and food review.
Ambiance of Leslie's   
I certainly love the interior of the place. I am such a fan of vernacular architectural design since it brings you a homey feel. I also like the idea on how the simplicity of each material, particularly,wood and rock, would create an impressively art decoration.  
 
The place is quite big and can really accommodate a big bunch of customers. They even have tables on their view deck. Thus, this place is best for your family gatherings or class reunions.
Accordingly, I don't recommend you to bring your dates here because it would not give you the privacy you would want to have. 
 
Moving on, I can consider the place clean. Thus, I suppose that the food that they are serving are also clean. 
Another nice thing about the restaurant is that they have a quartet who can sing/play the song that you would love to hear.

 
Leslie's Special Bulalo   
I find it ironic how the word special is included in this meal. I don't see anything special about it. Well, I don't know how to cook but I am certain that my Mom or anyone who knows how to cook can also come up with this kind of bulalo. 
Also, I must say that this bulalo is just the same with the other bulalo dishes I've tasted around Tagaytay except for the fact that this meal costs around 600 Php.  
The beef is not perfectly tendered because I was unable to chew some parts.
Considering the cold breeze of Tagaytay, how I wish that Leslie's would serve their soups in a stainless steel container to ensure that the soup would remain hot.


Leslie's Crispy Pata 
Again, I don't see anything special with this pork dish. I've tried different crispy pata dishes in various restaurants and even those from local food stalls and I must say that those tastes better. Also, this crispy pata is not that crunchy that I didn't even bother to have a taste of its meat.

Leslie's Sizzling Sisig 
This taste like an authentic sisig but how I wish they would sprinkle some chicharon bits to add flavor.


Leslie's Plus Factors 
  1. They have a nice interior that would give you a cozy and homey feel and a nice view of the Taal Volcano.
  2. They have a quartet to serenade you while having your meal.

Leslie's Flop Factors
  1. So if you're a picky eater like me you might also find Leslie's food prices a little bit costly.
  2. The place is too crowded. Thus if you got problems with noise I don't suggest eating in this place.
  3. Perhaps, the place has plenty of customers,thus,don't expect the crews to respond to your needs quickly.

Conclusion  
Summing up, I should say that the famous Leslie's  at Tagaytay does not have the best bulalo in Tagaytay. I don't also recommend this place if your tongue is difficult to please because they certainly don't have much to offer with their meals.Definitely, you're only paying for the view and the ambiance but not for the taste of their food.
Shout out to my wonderful friends from Australia,Harry and Dave,who were having their vacation in the Philippines for treating me with such a heavy meal.

Have you visited this place? Do you also agree with my comments?Share us your thoughts and experiences on the comment section below.



Disclaimer: The author is not affiliated with Leslie's nor any of its conglomerates. All content provided on this article is for informational purposes only and represents the own view and opinion of the author. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.


SUMMARY
ARTICLE: Leslie's at Tagaytay: A Review PHOTOS: Roxy Nicolas | AUTHORRoxy Nicolas | DATE: July 10, 2015 |   LAST UPDATED: July 2015




Roxy Nicolas
She is a blogger from the Philippines. She is also a travel enthusiast ,an artist by heart,a self proclaimed fashionista,a person suffering from a mental disease called obsessive compulsive disorder and a certified coffeeholic  You can find her on .
       





   


Comments