Raffles Design Institute: Fashion Show

Raffles Design Institute: Fashion Show
My family knows that I once dreamed of being a fashion designer when I was still young. I can still remember how I loved wrapping blankets around myself and imagining how would be my first collection would look like. Not to mention, I also fantasized of designing my own wedding dress. 
Years have already passed and I still have those wistful thinking of becoming a fashion designer. Yet, when reality hits your head,you'll realize that ,maybe, some childhood dreams will remain as part of your fondest memories.  
Raffles Design Institute 

Just last month I found out about a school that offers fashion design course here in the metro. The Raffles Design Institute (RDI) located at the heart of Makati central business district just opened its Manila campus in 2011.
The institute is a well renowned global school for design and business. The said school has 30 campuses all over the globe. Similarly, 12 of their campuses are found in the Asia Pacific whereas 1 of their campus is in Australia. 
Aside from Fashion Design,the said school also offers courses on Fashion Marketing and Management, Interior Design,Visual Communication and Business Management with Specialization.
Raffles Design Institute's Graduation Show and Fashion Show 
Last June 27, 2015, I was lucky enough to have a free access pass to the Raffle's Design Institute Graduation Ceremonies and Fashion Show held at the Pool Pavilion of the Dusit Thani Manila Hotel in Makati.  
I was so excited to attend this event because it was my first time to witness a fashion show.Indeed! it was  a dream come true for me.  
 Raffles Design Institute's Graduation Show 2015 Theme
This year's theme was Ascent or to take off. I presume that the theme signifies the student's moment to fly high and soar for their dreams. 
Some of the event particulars include a boarding pass as your ticket to the show, passport inspired program and few luggage displayed in the receiving area.


 Raffles Design Institute's Fashion Show 
The fashion show was participated by the graduating Fashion Design students of Raffles Design Institute and two of their fashion mentors namely Albert Andrada and Ronaldo Arnaldo.


Christine Ordinanza's Collection
Fitted micro-mini apparels in the shades of blue black and white were prominent in Christine Ordinanza's collection. 
Christine Ordinanza's Collection

Maria Angelica Manaligod's Collection
Different stylish cuts were featured in Maria Angelica Manaligod's Collection. The feminine details of this fashion line is perfect for those who want to bring out their sexy and bold side.
Maria Angelica Manaligod's Collection


Kim Ang's Collection
On the other hand, glam punk fashion was featured in Kim Ang's collection. The use of leather fabric and geometric patterns were eminent in her designs.
Kim Ang's Collection



Mirabai Sebastian's Collection
Among all the designers who showcased their fashion line, I must say that Mirabai Sebastian's collection was my favorite.Mainly because comfort and style comes hand in hand in her clothing line.
Mirabai assembled some native materials in an intricately beautiful design resulting to an exceptional clothing line that is perfect for our tropical weather.

 
Mirabai Sebastian's Collection



Raffles Design Institute presents Albert Andrada's and Ronaldo Arnaldo's Collection
It's also nice that RDI's student's fashion design mentors namely Albert Andrada and Ronaldo Arnaldo participated in the fashion show. 
Ronaldo Arnaldo showcased his stylish smart casual chic dress collection whereas Albert Andrada presented his elegant sparkling haute couture.
Ronaldo Arnaldo




Albert Andrada

Raffle's Design Institute Graduation 
To wrap up the show, the graduating class of Raffles Design Institute had their final runway walk.



Conclusion
Definitely the event was a blast.Kudos to the event organizers for bringing us a  wonderful show and to the graduates of Raffles Design Institute Class of 2015 for successfully finishing your course.
Thank you Raffles Design Institute for bringing us a superb night of glamour and fashion and thank you for making me relive my childhood dream of being a fashion designer.
Shout out to Chris dela Cruz of the the5elements.net for the free access in this event. 

Roxy Nicolas
Roxy Nicolas during the Raffles Design Institute
Graduation and Fashion Show


Do you have any childhood dream that lingers inside you? Tell us about it in the comment section.



Comments

  1. I love Mirabai Sebastian's collection. Ang sarap naman na you get to relive your childhood dream with Raffles Design Institute. You can still push and be a designer. Kaya yan! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dresses by Albert Andrada are gorgeous! And I like your dress too :) --Nadine from http://scenesfromnadine.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the glam punk collection. I did a grunge-punk collection sketch book when I was in still college.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun event! I am very fashion-challenged..LOL! I don't think I can design clothes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment