Dinner in the Dark at Yakitori by Daitokyo


Last November 16,2015, Yakitori by Daitokyo, one of the conglomerates of the Yupangco Group, hosted the annual Dinner in the Dark event.The said event aims to promote awareness and understanding on the situation of the visually impaired.
Personally, I signed up for this event since I myself experienced some complications with my eyes. I once undergone an operation when I was twelve. I must say that the procedure does not really improved my vision in any way but rather it only made my eyes function correctly. 
Currently,I am living my ordinary life that as if nothing had happened. It is also worth noting that most of my friends won't even know about my visual impairment since it is unnoticeable.
I would always be indebted to my parents for giving me the great opportunity to live a normal life and I would always be grateful to the Lord for giving me the gift of vision. 
But then again,the idea of being totally blind still scares me.  I am always praying that that day won't come. 
Going back to the event, all of the participants were given a brief orientation by visually impaired guests before the dinner started.
While being blindfolded my tears started to trickle down.Perhaps, the  fret of loosing sight is haunting me.  
At first, I am quite hesitant to eat since I am not aware of what in store for me. Then again, I am already starving and all I want to do is to satisfy my angry belly.Thankfully, the food that was served was really good specially the chicken teriyaki. Seriously, I have tried this dish in different restaurants plenty of times but Yakitori by Daiktokyo's chicken teriyaki has a distinct taste. It is so crispy yet tender and flavorful.I believe all of the guests would agree with me, since I can hear most of them saying that the food was yummy.  
Yes, the food was great but you've gotta put a lot of effort in eating since you can't see anything.I nearly wanted to eat with my hands but I realized I forgot to wash my hands so I struggled eating using my spoon and fork. 
Overall, it was an overwhelming experience for me since it made me more appreciate of what I have. I hope everyone would not be blinded by the physical hardships in life and be more appreciative of the simple things.Shout out to Zoomanity Group for this heartfelt noble event. 



Comments