Top 3 Things I've Learned From Being a Blogger


Since it's the season to reminisce and reflect about what life has been for 2015,I am capping up the top 3 things I've learned from being a blogger.
Then again, let me first share my story on how I started blogging. 
My Blogging journey in brief 
I've started blogging in the mid of 2014 first because I'm jobless at that time thus I've got nothing much to do and second because I want to further improve my writing skills. Back then I'm still not aware of blogging communities in social media and I am also oblivious about how to get invites to exclusive events. 
Two months after I've started blogging, I've started to get engrossed with my new work thus I stopped blogging. It took another year for me to relive my interest with blogging.  
That time I had the chance to engage with fellow bloggers through social media groups. I've discovered that you can sign up for free forums for blogging.Also,I knew about that a blogger can have an access to different events in exchange of a write up.
In the span of almost 6 months I have attended different events such as workshops,tours in different parks,fashion shows,corporate events,food review events,press conferences,exhibits and lots of parties. I also got to experience free services such as massage,facial treatments and hotel accommodations. Not to mention the tons of freebies and sample products I got to take home from each event. But more than anything else, I've got to enjoy meeting a diverse bunch of fellas. 
I must say that my favorite part of attending blogging events is meeting people from all walks of life,being inspired by their stories and, learning from their experiences. Bonus part is when you augment real friends and when you get to have them for good.
At present, I still get to enjoy on what they describe as #BloggerPerks. Still, it is nice to make your learning count. Likely, here is my own blogging learning list for 2015

1.) Invest in your craft
I've attended my first Blogging 101 forum last August 2015 and one of the speakers was Ms. Cherry Burwell from the Big Difference Communications.I can still remember well how she advised everyone to invest in being a blogger. Say for instance, she mentioned that she would like to have bloggers attending her events with personal pocket wi-fi since on the spot social media feeds would be ideal.
At present, I have my own internet connection and a back-up pocket wi-fi. I've also bought a powerbank since running out of battery charge is one of the nightmares you can have during covering events.
Investing for a good camera is also advisable since phone and tablet cameras sometimes would not achieve quality photos. Thus, one of my goals for this year is to buy a camera.
While investing in gadgets that are necessary for blogging is significant, we must also consider investing in the software elements of being a better blogger. At present, I have included into my learning goals this year the following SEO, basic photography and socializing skills.
Likely, I make it a point to read from time to time to acquire new vocabulary words and gain more insight.I also believe this shall help me to produce a better content.

2.) Ask questions
Another important thing bloggers should learn is to ask questions. I remember Mr. Jeoff Solas,Marketing Head of Best Western Plus Antel Hotel, kiddingly said in a Blogging 101 forum that perhaps bloggers were spending excessive time in front of their computers hence they tend to forgot how to speak.
He then encouraged everyone to learn the art of asking sensible questions relating to the product or event since it would help bloggers to come up with a better article and it would also help them to be remembered by PR people. 
Currently, I am still in the process of learning this trick since I am that shy to approach strangers. 

3.)Personal branding is important
I have heard a lot of times that personal branding for bloggers is vital.Base on different blogger's forum I have attended, personal branding does not solely comprise of having your own blog niche but more importantly being consistent with whatever your portraying online and offline.
Since I am not a full time blogger, I am still undecided on which topics should I focus more.
Also,by far I have been trying to establish and maintain good working relationship with the people I am meeting in the blogging business. 
Overall, I can still consider myself as a newbie in the blogging scene and I believe I have tons of things to learn relating to blogging.Then again I will always be thankful to everyone who had helped me in improving my craft. I am definitely, aiming to be a #betterBlogger for 2016.

Comments

  1. Nice article Roxy. I am also new to this craft and I am learning a lot. Thanks for the insights!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment