V Midnight Series:Breakout Manila





Last  November 7,2015, Breakout Manila in cooperation with Fox and Victoria Court held one thrilling event entitled #VPartySeries Midnight Mysteries. I believe the event aims to bring a unusual type of entertainment and bonding with your peer group, colleagues and even your family.
I've been seeing Breakout escape rooms promotions in the news and television shows lately.Thus, I signed up immediately to try out this event. At first, I thought it would be creepy like those you find in Horror Houses, but I proved myself wrong. 



The Escape Room
There were few rooms for each group to solve different mystery games. I believe each room has different kind of stories and puzzles to solve. My team was assigned to solve a mystery brought about by a psycho.
At first we were given a brief orientation on how the game will be. We were informed that actors will come inside the room to help us solve the puzzle at the same time to make our lives a bit miserable inside the room. Ofcourse, that's non-verbatim.Also, we were informed that we can quit if we shout out I Like My Mommy. By the way, we were not allowed to bring cameras inside the escape room. Thus, I don't have any photos to share much.
Anyway, immediately after the orientation we were asked to put our blindfolds then we were assisted to a cold room. I must say that the temperature of the room and us in a state of total darkness add up to the jitters.
Then, actors started to enter the room, some were nice and some were truly annoying. Perhaps, they were doing their job well since I find some of the actors weird. One even made us watch a short spooky film in his laptop.
To make the long story short,my team failed to solve the puzzle. Possibly because it's the first time we had tried this kind of activity.
The Experience 
As a thrill seeker, the concept of escape rooms is a promising activity. Nevertheless, I believe that improvements on the game should be considered. Perhaps, a short film before each game shall be provided to each gamer to better understand the story of each mystery. Since, seriously, I felt so dumb 'coz I don't seem to connect the different characters that the actors were portraying inside.Also, I don't get it why a person would be entering the room and play a creepy video. Its just doesn't make any sense at all.
On a brighter side, I believe the event will teach everyone the significance of being an observant and value of trusting not only your will but also your team mates. 
To reserve your next date at Breakout Manila  or to know more about their next event visit breakout.com.ph.
So do you have any experience about Breakout Manila's escape rooms? Share your stories with us in the comment section below. 



Comments