Workshop at Philippine Trade Training Center


Being in the latter parts of my 20s, I've realized that I have to set some goals since success does not happen in just a blink of an eye. Of course, I’m talking for myself since I am not charming enough like Yaya Dub to be famous and have a bunch of endorsements. Fangirling here. 
On a more serious note, I believe that having a game plan will be your first ticket to success. So far, my plans involve a lot of things such as making reading a habit, be more sociable, learn the art of leverage and, enroll for a graduate degree. 

Attending workshops and seminars also made it to my list. I believe that short courses would greatly benefit myself by acquiring or enhancing my skills and also by augmenting new friends.
The search for my first workshop/seminar
It was last October of 2015 when I finally decided to enroll for my first seminar.Then again, I have to consider plenty of factors such as seminar fee,location and topic. 
So before anything else, I've set a budget of 3,000 pesos for each seminar.So while browsing the web I've notice that a single seminar would range from a whopping  5,000 to 15,000 pesos.That's a big deal for a rank and file employee like me. Lucky for me, I came across Philippine Trade Training Center. 
Philippine Trade Training Center : Workshops and Seminars 
Philippine Trade Training Center is  an attached agency of the Department of Trade and Industry. They are offering different seminars that cater in molding your professional career. Organizational Development, ISO courses, Logistics Management and IT Courses were among the courses they offer.
At current their office is accessibly located at Gil Puyat corner Roxas Blvd just beside the Philippine World Trade Center. 
Also, it is worth noting that they offer 1 to 2 day workshops for as low as 2,000 pesos. Now that would be affordable for my case. 
Effective Business Writing Seminar
 
Upon browsing the available seminars and checking my schedule. I've decided to sign-up for the Effective Business Writing Seminar. Being a blogger, I realized that this course would help me to write in a formal manner since I tend to use flowery words in my writing.
At that time, the seminar only costs 2,000 pesos for 2 days. The first day was about the basics of Business Writing and the second day was all about writing exercises.
By the way, the seminar fee includes materials,modules and, morning and afternoon snacks and a complete meal for lunch. I must say that the taste of the food surpassed my expectations. Indeed, this is the best deal ever.
Tips that I have learned from the seminar includes be straight forward in writing and avoid using obscure words. 
Another tip that was discussed by the trainer was knowing the writing style preference of your superior. She further mentioned that some directors would like a long background whereas some bosses would prefer short write-ups.
 
The only thing that I did not like about the seminar is that complimentary unlimited coffee was not available.
Overall, I must say that the seminar fee was a value well spent. I am sure that I will reserve my next seminar at Philippine Trade Training Center.
For schedule and reservations of training at Philippine Trade Training Center you may check their website at www.pttc.gov.ph or follow them on  Facebook at  www.facebook.com/PTTC133.
So do you have any goals for this year? Would you like to recommend any organization that conducts training? Share your insights at the comments section below. 


Comments