The Make-up Revolution Meet Up


My love for the artistry of Make-up
As far as I can remember, I started my enthusiasm with make-up artistry when I started working.  Back then I only watch video make-up tutorials on Youtube. Then again, I thought it's as simple as putting your lipstick and blush but I proved myself wrong.I can't believe that putting on make-up entails  a lot of considerations such as skin tone and type, color of the eyes, shape of your face and so many more. Not to mention the various types and brands of cosmetics and materials you should have to achieve a certain look.
Through the years,I kept on watching tutorials on Youtube. Also, it is good to note that I have been investing for cosmetics and materials to put into practice what I have watched. 
But then again, I knew that watching tutorials would not be enough to fully maximize my potential as a make-up artist. Thus, I decided to sign-up for a basic and advance make-up classes to enhance  my skills.Nevertheless, I shall be talking about my experience about my workshop soon. 
The Make-up Revolution: Background
As a beginner, I also realized that establishing networks to people whom I share the same passion with would also be favorable in my part.Since, I could gain some tips and tricks and they might be able to refer good suppliers of cosmetics.
Accordingly,I started to join Facebook community groups,hoping to meet acquaintances.
One of the online groups I've joined was The Make-up Revolution(TMUR). As far as I can remember, it was only in September of  2015 when I became a member.
Before joining the group I was expecting the walls of the group to be flooded by tutorials or info-graphics on glaming up. Nonetheless,most of the things that I found were reviews of beauty product dopes and dupes, latest cosmetic sales, plenty of cosmetic destash and oodles of sellers. 
Perhaps, the group had been a great aid for its members in distinguishing the suitable products for their skin type and conditions.
The Make-up Revolution:The Meet Up
I believe that it was last December 2015 when one of the group administrators of TMUR posted an advertisement for the first meet-up of the group.Accordingly,I signed-up instantaneously with a minimal fee of Php 500.The fee is inclusive of buffet lunch and loot bags. 
The event was held last January 16,2016 at Tramway  Roxas Blvd and I believed that around 100 equally gorgeous make-up lovers graced the event.
At that time, I was experiencing some hoarseness with my voice thus I felt sad not being able to converse with some other attendees.
The Event Highlights
Starting the program was an inspiring speech from one of the group administrators. Sorry, I was late so I did not hear her name. Nevertheless, I must say that her welcome remarks was a good start because she stressed out that inner beauty still counts more than physical appearance.


Immediately after the speech was the raffle draw. I like the fact that a diverse set of prizes were up for grabs such as acrylic make-up organizers,cosmetics,curling iron,lotions,and gift certificates.

Also, kick-ass kiddie games such as the famous "Bring-me","Paper Dance", and "Coin-pass" delighted the energetic guests.
Supposedly, there's another game that did not push thru since no one dared to join. Basically, it's a speed game wherein participants were asked to do their make-up in the fastest time without a mirror. Honestly, I want to participate but I don't have my beauty weapons with me. 
Guests were treated with a gastronomical feast of delectable Chinese cuisines and desserts. The buffet spread was available as early as 12 but guests were only allowed to eat at around 2 pm.
Continuing the program was a product demo from Biore Philippines. I like this part because I already tried Biore's Aqua Rich Watery Essence and I loved it right away because it is non sticky. Thus,I am so eager to try Biore's product line.
The raffle draw continued till the end of the program.
Overall, I must say that the program was short but sweet, 
What do I like about the event? 
The first thing I liked about the event was the photo booth. Admit it, if you spent hours doing your make-up then you must want a photo souvenir for you to take home.
I also like the product demo of Biore since I don't  like buying products for the mere fact that it is newly available at the market. I want to test it first if it feels soft on my skin or sticky.
The prizes were really good especially the acrylic make-up organizers and brush holders.I can hear everyone screaming out of excitement. Unfortunately for me, I did not won any major prizes.

What are my suggestions for the next event?
I believed the food was made available before 12 noon but guests were only allowed to eat at around 2:00 pm. I hope organizers allowed the guests to eat earlier since the buffet closes at 3pm.
As a blogger who usually attend events, it's also nice if they were able to set an official hashtag for the event for the sponsors to properly monitor the photos.
Likely, another cool activity would be an Instagram game wherein guests are asked to post their selfies for that day using the hashtags and  choose the best "Fierce looking selfie" ,"No-Make Up look selfie" or "Best Winged eyeliner selfie". 
Overall, I would give an A for effort of the organizers and I know that their next event would have great improvements. Congratulations  to the ladies who won and I would thank you for the TMUR Administrators for this wonderful event.









Comments

  1. Happy to be one of the participant. I'm the one with yellow printed top on the paper dance game lol.

    Jade Judy Gallardo = fb name

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment